Wednesday, June 21, 2006

My mission trip & Fundraiser!

(this is the wee flyer i made with information, if u are interested to find out more about my trip!)

Over the past few months God has been really challenging
my whole concept of ‘mission’ work, and what it means to serve him and tell others about Him. For the past few years I have been praying about going on a mission trip and having just recently completed my postgraduate degree (hurrah!) have sensed God’s timing and definite calling to take a big leap of faith!

In April this year a team from the USA worked with us in what was a very exciting outreach week for the young people in Newton Mearns: running music workshops (for 35 local young people), playing gigs, building relationships and sharing our faith with many people in & around Glasgow. As a result we now have 6 successful new youth bands meeting regularly at the church, and exciting prospects for developing this further.

As some of you may know, my passions in life revolve around music, people and travel (and obviously, God!). Having envisioned my ‘mission’ trip involving a 3rd world country, extensive social deprivation and a lot of dirt, I must admit I wasn’t entirely comfortable when I felt God calling me to the USA!! However, I believe God has given me these passions and gifts in order for me to use them for Him, so it is with excitement that on 1st July I am flying out to Phoenix, Arizona to spend almost a month working with Desert Hills Presbyterian Church and Dick Dietrich who brought the team over in April!

Some of the things I will be doing include:
· Being a team leader on a music ministry outreach tour with a group of 20 teenagers, playing gigs and travelling from Phoenix to Los Angeles!
· Helping run a vocational bible school for native American Indians in the local community
· Speaking at a variety of youth events/ young adult groups
· Visiting and helping lead worship at a number of contemporary services
· Meeting and sharing information with the church group visiting us again in October (including their minister Jim Noble), to continue developing a partnership with them

It is such an amazing opportunity and I am excited to see all that God will do. I would ask throughout this time for your support in prayer, as there will be many opportunities for people to hear the gospel, and many challenges which will undoubtedly arise. If you would like to support me financially it would also be much appreciated- please just get in touch, or send any cheques to Maxwell Mearns Castle Church, Waterfoot Rd. Newton Mearns, Glasgow, and mark them for me!
With many thanks and blessings, Lynz xox

And remember to come to what will be a most excellent fundraising evening:

SHOP WITH A MISSION!
CLOTHES, BAGS & ACCESSORIES for sale
LIVE MUSIC, DRINKS & LIGHT BUFFET
ALL FOR £3.50
To raise funds for Lyndsay Camerons overseas mission trip
WEDNESDAY 28TH JUNE, 7:45pm
Basement @Maxwell Mearns Castle ChurchWaterfoot Rd. Newton Mearns
(WISH YOU WEAR HERE!!!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow that was great Lynzy! I'll be praying for your fundraiser, I know it'll go well! Can't wait for you to visit and the ministry that will be done will rock! Talk to you soooon!

-Justin

lynzy said...

thanx, i'm so looking fwd to everything!! i also just realised that i'v been calling it a vocational bible school ,instead of vacation bs!!!! a little different me thinks!

lynzy said...

thanx, i'm so looking fwd to everything!! i also just realised that i'v been calling it a vocational bible school ,instead of vacation bs!!!! a little different me thinks!

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I really enjoy your blog! Thanks for your honest heart and truthfulness, it is refreshing to hear someone be real. Its cool to read about real people who serve Jesus.

I am a musician, and I would be honored if you would check out my music. All music on my site is free for download. Anyway, don't want to be a pest, I just thought that I'd share.

Thanks,
-Sean
_____________________
www.SeanDietrich.com
"All my music is free."