Monday, September 01, 2008

peter pan no more!

having not blogged for a while it is quite nice to return to my very own blogspot and seek comfort in my old familiar love! i reckon my perspective on life has changed somewhat over the past year or so and havin now reached the grand ol' age of 26 i consider myself to sort of be a proper adult now! oh yes, the mid-20's are most definitely here, bringing with them a sense of actually growing up a little bit! my job involves advising people on their life decisions and future plans, which for a while rendered me feeling rather inadequate and not entirely sure i was up for that smidgen of responsibility. but as a colleague kindly reminded, careers advising is not the 4th emergency service and if i ever actually tell someone what i think they should do i'm pretty much missing the point of my role!

so 26 began with a wonderfully extended birthday wknd, incl an overnight in a treehouse lodge in Aviemore, an extremely fun party with 30 of my nearerst and dearest in Ashton Lane, a golden oldies tea party with my grandparents and great-aunt, a joint family birthday lunch with my bro-in-law (sharing is caring guys!) and then it was my actual birthday!!! fun fun!


so i do feel a bit more grown up now! however, we were in hong kong this summer and spent a day at disneyland there (only in phase 1- i'd hold off on a visit until there's more than one rollercoaster!!) and outrageously, there was no peter pan ride! it being my favourite i was fairly upset, and then felt perhaps it was time to move on... just a little bit mind!!

1 comment:

Simon Varwell said...

Welcome back to blogland! Glad you had a good sabbatical from it! And good to hear that you've been having lots of fun travels etc.