Monday, May 01, 2006

Most exciting things happening!!!

ok, so i know i'm supposed to be typing an essay, but life is just far too exciting for that!!

so here's the thing:i'v been totally praying about the possibility of going to the states (Arizona, Phoenix to be precise!) in the summer to do some mission work through music, involving going on a 'ministry tour' road trip, singing in different places, working with the church there and learning things to take back home to my church here! i has asked God for some confirmation either way, and He has made it abundantly clear where i have to go! in like, 6 different ways!!

1. on april 19th i prayed about it, turned over my calendar, to a picture of Arizona!

2. last week i saw my friend kirst, who appeard wearing a luvly pink hoodie with Arizona emblazoned across the front!

3. on saturday just there i prayed before going to work, turned my calendar again and there was a picture of California! (where the ministry tour is going to!)

4. this is the freakiest and most exciting so far... yesterday morning i was leading the youth prog. and so wasn't in the main church service. i got home that afternoon and saw i had 4 missed calls on my mobile.. from my mum and my voicemail, from 11:23 that morning! my mum sings in church, and i was like, why on earth was she callin me half way thru the service!? i called my voicemail, was told it was a 4 min. message, and it began to play!

(how can i explain this...) my mum's mobile was locked and zipped away in her bag in the church. it had somehow called my mobile in the middle of a set of songs, and recorded on my voicemail, everyone in church singing a song called 'I the Lord of sea and sky'! if u dont know it, the chorus of this song goes, 'Here i am Lord, is it I Lord, I have heard u calling in the night. I will go Lord, where u need me, i will hold your people in my heart'..! what is even more significant about this is that this song is special to me as it was used to send us off on the last mission trip i went on, coincidentally, to the States!! so this blew me away!

5. my mum came home and i asked her if she called me, and explained everything and she was like, eeek, no, how exciting!!! she then re-appeared 10 mins later and asked if there was a particular verse in Joshua that was meaningful for me?! i was like, ohmygoodness, why?! she said she'd been looking at the California calendar picture and realised it was of the Joshua tree, and it came to her mind that maybe God wanted to tell me something else...

guess what we'd been looking at that morning in the youth group!? Joshua 1 v1-9!! with the focus being on verse 9, which says, " I command you- be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." !!!!

wowowowowowowowowow!!! isn't that the most exciting thing ever!? i know this is a long blog, but i hope ur encouraged as u read this that God is so real and totally speaks to us today if we ask Him!! so i guess i've to go to Arizona then! this is the last thing i thought i'd be doing this summer, but i'm so excited God wants to use me doing something i love! The trip involves music, singing, young people, travelling and sharing and meeting lots of people!!

The other day at work i was speaking with Doug (who is so wise!) and he asked if it was a God-sized task! the answer is a resounding yes! at the moment i have no money, and no idea where and how to raise enough in the next 8 weeks! but i am completely trusting God with it- He's made it abundantly clear where i'v to go, and i know He'll provide a way to get there!! it's so exciting!

i'll keep u posted as to how He does it!! i hope u have a great day and feel mightily encouraged!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited, it's gonna be amazing! If you want, I can give you some tips on how to raise money...I don't like fundraising but God's provided for me to go to Scotland, California, Florida, Jamaica (twice!) and other places that were expensive and He'll do the same for you! It'll be amazing Lynzy, that's so neat God spoke to you so clearly through signs, sorta how I felt when I was in Glasgow?! I still have to blog about that haha!

-Justin

Anonymous said...

Go for it Lynzy! Sounds exciting......

Anonymous said...

Wow Lynz thats jus amazing and especially wen we were talking bout Joshua in da flat God really does work in mysterious ways.
Luv ya Chrissa <>< xxxx

Anonymous said...

Something similar happened to me! I was typing up something and I typed the word "Samuel" and then "for" and freaked out, but I read 1 Samuel 3 and 4 (though I suppose I should read 2 Sam too) and it was just so encouraging b/c it was the passage where Samuel just listens to God and tells the LORD that he is his servant and such...just a weird exciting thing haha.

That so cool about the Joshua verse though, amazing! We're all excited for you to come visit though! Later!