Sunday, October 26, 2008

mad bongos 'n' that!


Today we took a wee wander down Ashton Lane, only to be greeted by the funky, rhythmic beats of Sambayabamba!! Oxjam had taken over the West end and the band had returned to raise funds for Oxfam by bringing a Latin flavour to another rainy afternoon in Glasgow!! they were fantastic and it was impossible not to shake it a little to their Brazilian- influenced tunes!! Vodkawodka were also hosting an afternoon of Scottish music to raise funds and there was, as usual, a great atmosphere down the Lane! so despite my incessant coughing and sneezing, it was a cheery wee afternoon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!!!

I´ve enjoyed a lot to listening to Sambayabamba!! There is part of a track (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=63021675) that I used to ear and dancing when I was a child. In fact when I went in my first Carnival in my 7 years old! :-)))

It´s nice to know that Oxfam has this kind of shows. Here in BCN just Amnesty International usually do this kind of activities and I try do partipate too.

Anyway, I loved your blog and I do agree with you:

if u dont dream u dont get anywhere!

Love,

Val