Friday, March 10, 2006

week 1 done!

wow, i cant believe its friday and i have jst completed my 1st week on placement! it's going really well, i'm learning loads (the way everything works is so different up here!) and having lots of fun staying with jo! so far our extra-curricular activites have included: making photo boards for brownies; cooking interesting meals; hanging out with new people; shopping and then trying on all of Jo's wardrobe (i am finding my inner goth!); crying at moulin rouge (jst me, jo is tough!), and lots more! tonite we're goin out with sum people, and tomorrow, and sunday, and then karaoke nite on wednesday and a possible cocktail/ chocolate fondue party in the flat! it would be easy to forget i'm here to work, other than the fact im shattered and keep having to set my alarm for 7:30!

Invernessians are so lovely and friendly- i'v made friends with the doormen at work (bob 1 & bob 2), the man running the library, and when i was havin a picnic by the river, 3 people all said hello! and then today i choked on my apple so much that 2 folk came to check i could still breathe!! thanx!

I was thinking last nite how at home I never seem to have any time to relax, and watch TV/ read a book/ sleep, so am finding this very refreshing and a welcome break from the usual busy-ness of life! I never feel I can properly relax at home, either that I have to do something, or someone’s asking me to empty the dishwasher- it never feels right to do nothing! It’s nice to have space! I think I might like to live up here- everything’s so… compact- I’v been walking all over the place, something not so easily done at home- there’s nothing to really walk to! The pace of life seems more laid-back and friendly- even the ‘troubled’ kids I’ve met are lovely compared to some of the ones back in Glasgow! I miss people though- feel free to email or leave a hello on here! I’ve run out of free texts (nightmare!) but will hopefully be due more soon! Going home to choose our outfits now...!

No comments: